Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FOREST FANTASY - "FAIRY TREE"

This painting started out just as a moonlit sunset with a tree and evolved into a whimsical fairy tree with curly branches and a fairy door, then the fairy made an appearance.  Up until now I have never really tried to draw people or people-like creatures, but that is slowly changing and practice will make perfect.  They say that drawing the human form is one of the hardest things to master.........I'll get there.
 
I used retarder medium experimentally to produce the cloud-like formations and I'm pleased with the effect it created.  I love the colour combination chosen for the background, I think it works nicely.

Acrylic on Canvas
 
 Size in mm - 250 x 300 x 35
Size in inches - 10 x 14" x 1.4
 
FOR SALE
 
Prints & Note Cards Available
 



No comments:

Post a Comment