Thursday, March 6, 2014

FOREST FANTASY - "ONCE IN A BLOOD MOON"

Taking a break from painting Dragonflies, I am heading in the direction of some of my favourite things. This painting had been brewing in my mind's eye for awhile until I thought I'd better just go for it.  Of course my paintings generally have a bit of their own Free Will and evolve to something a bit different to what I had imagined.  But that is the joy of art, painting and creating. 

I have long held a love and fascination for our rainforest giants....the Strangler Figs and wanted one to be a main subject in this painting.  
 
With all the rain we are currently getting here  in Queensland, I am noticing alot of wee fairy seats.....Mushrooms......popping out of the ground.  I just love these delicate little plants and also wanted them to be another focal point. 
 
Of course the Moon is another favourite of mine and this Blood Moon calls on a memory I have from a camping trip to Coochie Mudlo Island (over 20 years ago) where I saw a giant red moon-rise which looked so much like a sunrise.....totally awesome!

"ONCE IN A BLOOD MOON"
250mm x 350mm (10" x 14")
Acrylics on Stretched Canvas
SOLD

Prints & Note Cards Available
 





No comments:

Post a Comment